Next weekend is McAllen’s 11th Annual PalmFest International Folklife Celebration, bringing our community’s heritage, culture, music, food, art and much more to the McAllen Convention Center.
Gates open at noon each day, closing at 10:30pm on Saturday and 8:30pm on Sunday. Parking is free, but entry is $5 (kids under 12 are free).
Saturday’s night feature performance by country legend Tracy Lawrence is a separate ticket ($18/$28) but includes entry into PalmFest for the day. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster or at the Convention Center Box Office (open Monday-Friday 10am-5pm).
Other featured events include the new PalmFest Classic – Belt Buckle Blowout on Saturday, a heifer, lamb, and goat show as well as the Into the Wild indoor nature exhibit, featuring Quinta Mazatlan, the National Butterfly Center, IMAS, Valley Nature Center and more.
That’s just the beginning:
- FREE Meet & Greet with Shopkins- Apple Blossom & Cookie Kookie
- 7 stages of live music & entertainment
- Texas Zoo- live animal exhibit
- Family Celebration Game Show- interactive games and fun
- Pedal boats
- Food Truck Round Up- totaling over 40 food (includes food booths)
- Kids’ Carnival
- TeePee & Western Display
- Classic Car Show
- Pig Races
- Farmers’ & Home Bakers’ Market
- Dutch Oven demonstrations
- Rodeo Marketplace- artisan market